WEEK OF OCTOBER 5– OCTOBER 9, 2015 ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- YEARBOOKS ARE NOW ON SALE. Order forms are in the office and library. There is a picture of the order form on our website. Return orders and money to the office.
- Science Club will meet one Friday a month during lunches.
- Chess Club will meet Wednesdays after school from 3:00 – 4:00
- You can pay for your lunch @ www.vbsd.us go to MyPayments Plus (front page, lower left side of website).
- Remember, if you are a free or reduced student for lunch you also qualify for free or reduced breakfast
- Don’t forget to join PTA. Cost is $5 to join.
- Northridge magnets for sale in the office for $5.00
- Don’t forget appropriate clothing for PE classes.
- The Northridge Flu Clinic will be the morning of Monday, November 16
As you know, flu can be easily spread from person to person. Flu season is here!!! Here are a few things that you can do to help the spread of the flu:
- Be aware of flu symptoms: fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, muscle aches, runny or stuffy nose, and some may exhibit stomach symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea. These symptoms will last for several days.
- Teach your children to wash their hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Teach your children not to share personal items like drinks, food, or unwashed utensils, and to cover their coughs and sneezes with tissues. Covering up their coughs or sneezes using the elbow, arm, or sleeve instead of the hand when a tissue is unavailable.
- Keep sick children at home for at least 7 days and for 24 hours after they no longer have fever or do not have signs of fever, without using fever-reducing drugs. Keeping children with a fever at home will reduce the number of people who may get infected. Siblings of infected students should be monitored very closely for flu-like symptoms.
- Do not send children to school if they are sick. Children who are sick will be sent home.
- Please be aware that extra-curricular activities (sports, band, choir, etc.) are all close contact activities and therefore a potential source for the spread of infection/illness.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3:
- CROSS COUNTRY: CHILE PEPPER FESTIVAL @ 11:00 A.M. @ FAYETTEVILLE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. MIDDLETON
MONDAY, OCTOBER 5:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. HIGHT
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6:
- NMS FOOTBALL GAME @ BLAKEMORE FIELD IN VB: 8TH GRADE @ 5:30 & 7TH GRADE @ 7:30
- 7TH & 8TH GRADE QUIZ BOWL MATCH @ BUTTERFIELD @ 3:00
- FALL PICTURE MONEY AND ORDERS DUE FOR 8TH GRADE
- CHOIR CONCERT @ 7:00 PM @ FINE ARTS CENTER
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7:
- NMS VOLLEYBALL @ FRESHMAN ACADEMY (7TH & 8TH GRADE) @ 3:30
- STUDENT COUNCIL MEETING IN LIBRARY @ 7:30
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10:
- CROSS COUNTRY: GREENWOOD INVITATIONAL @ 10:00 A.M. @ GREENWOOD FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
- CROSS COUNTRY: VBSD ELEMENTARY & 6TH GRADE MEET @ VBHS @ 9:00 A.M
- NMS CHOIR WEST CENTRAL ALL REGION TRYOUTS IN CLARKSVILLE
- NMS 7TH GRADE VOLLEYBALL JAMBOREE IN GREENWOOD