Remember that Tuesday, March 1 is the last day to order yearbooks
Yearbooks are now $35.80. The last day to order yearbooks will be March 1.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 29- MARCH 4, 2016 ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- 7TH & 8TH GRADE CHOIR CONCERT @ VAN BUREN FINE ARTS CENTER @ Thursday, February 25 @ 7:00 P.M.
- Honor Club will be sponsoring a “Pet Supplies & More” drive starting on February 22 and ending on March 4. The homeroom class in each grade that brings in the most items will receive a donut celebration. Supplies needed: Cat litter, WET cat food (no dry cat or dog food), dog/cattoys, dog/cat chews, dog/cat treats, blankets, cleaning supplies (cleanser, dishwashing liquid, cleaning spray (Fabuloso))
- Little Miss Van Buren Pageant will be on Saturday, March 5, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. @ VBFAC. Applications can be picked up @ the NMS front office. Applications are due Friday, February 26.
- Boys & Girls Club Baseball, Softball, and Soccer Sign-Ups begin February 1 and will end on March 4th, 2016. All leagues are drafted teams. Everyone that signs up before the March 4th deadline will be placed on a team. If you have any questions or would like to register online as a player or volunteer please visit www.vbclub.org or go to the club from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. They are closed for lunch from 12:00 – 1:00
- School Physicals @ Blakemore Field will be as follows:
- Saturday, April 30 (GIRLS) (Academy @ 9:45 – 10:30 & Middle School @ 10:30 – 12:00)
- Saturday, May 7 (BOYS) (Academy 9:45 – 10:30 & Middle School 2 10:30 – 12:00
- Freshman Academy Dance tryouts: February 29 – March 4
- Freshman Cheer tryouts: March 7 – March 11
- There will be a mandatory parent meeting for any students interested in trying out for Northridge Cheer and/or Dance. The meeting will be on Sunday, March 13 @ 2:00 p.m. @ the VBHS Arena (main gym). No experience necessary. If you cannot attend, you must contact Lisa Pixley (email@example.com) or Julie Bynum (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the meeting date.
- Middle School Cheer and Dance tryouts: April 4 – April 8.
- Art students need to bring a pencil and colored pencils every day to class.
- YEARBOOKS ARE NOW ON SALE. Order forms are in the office and library. There is a picture of the order form on our website. Return orders and money to the office. THERE WILL NOW BE A LATE FEE!!! The last day to order yearbooks will be March 1.
- Science Club will meet one Friday a month during lunches.
- Chess Club will meet Wednesdays after school from 3:00 – 4:00
- You can pay for your lunch @ www.vbsd.us go to MyPayments Plus (front page, lower left side of website).
- Remember, if you are a free or reduced student for lunch you also qualify for free or reduced breakfast
- Don’t forget to join PTA. Cost is $5 to join.
- Northridge magnets for sale in the office for $5.00
- Don’t forget appropriate clothing for PE classes.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20:
- 7TH & 8TH GRADE QUIZ BOWL REGIONAL FINALS TOURNAMENT
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22 – FRIDAY, MARCH 4:
- PET FOOD & MORE DRIVE SPONSORED BY HONOR CLUB
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23:
- 6TH GRADE QUIZ BOWL MATCH @ FIRST LUTHERAN
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25:
- 7TH & 8TH GRADE CHOIR CONCERT @ VAN BUREN FINE ARTS CENTER @ 7:00 P.M.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. PIXLEY
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29 – FRIDAY, MARCH 4:
- FRESHMAN ACADEMY DANCE TRYOUTS
TUESDAY, MARCH 1:
- BAND CONCERT CONTEST FOR 8TH GRADE STUDENTS @ VBFAC
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. BYNUM
- 6TH GRADE QUIZ BOWL PRACTICE @ 3:00 – 4:20
- SCOLIOSIS SCREENING
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2:
- SCOLIOSIS SCREENING
THURSDAY, MARCH 3:
- 6TH GRADE QUIZ BOWL TOURNAMENT @ BETHLEHEM FREE WILL BAPTIST CHURCH
FRIDAY, MARCH 4:
- JLA MEETING AFTER SCHOOL
- FRESHMAN DANCETRYOUTS
SATURDAY, MARCH 5:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. ROBINSON